Dental cover helps you spread the cost of eligible routine (check–ups, x–rays and hygiene visits) and restorative (crowns, bridges or fillings) dental treatment for you and your family. You can use any dentist whether NHS, private or Denplan.
Key points to consider
- How much do you and your family pay for dental treatment each year?
- Most adults in the UK have to pay towards the cost of NHS dental treatment.
- Children are already entitled to free NHS dental care up to the age of 18 (if in full–time education).
- Dental problems can contribute to lifelong oral and general health problems, but can be preventable which is why it's so important to look after your oral health and have regular check ups.
- If you also take the healthcare cash plan through my Aviva flex, you will be able to claim some or all of your dental cover premium through the plan.
Saves on Tax?
Saves on NI?
Dental cover through my Aviva flex is a salary sacrifice arrangement*. Taxable using the P11D process.
How it works
- We recommend you read all of the information available including the terms and conditions below before selecting this benefit.
- Decide which level of cover is best for you and your family. You can choose from four levels of cover.
- If you already have this benefit through my Aviva flex and you're happy with the level of cover, you don't need to do anything at annual enrolment, the benefit will simply continue as before. Prices might change at annual review.
- When you select your chosen level of cover don't forget to add any dependants you wish to include.
The table below shows the main benefits under the 4 levels of cover – for full details, along with any exclusions which may apply, please read the terms and conditions.
|Denplan key||Denplan elementary||Denplan essential plus||Denplan extensive plus|
|100% reimbursement for NHS treatment|
|Routine Examinations||100% up to NHS limits||Up to £50 per policy year||Up to £100 per policy year|
|Hygiene Treatments||100% up to NHS limits||Up to £60 per policy year||Up to £120 per policy year|
|Dental X–rays||100% up to NHS limits||Up to £40 per policy year||Up to £80 per policy year|
|Restorative Treatments||100% up to NHS limits||80% of the cost up to £1000 per policy year||80% of the cost up to £2000 per policy year|
|Worldwide dental injury and emergency dental cover|
|24–hour worldwide emergency dental helpline|
All cover levels include worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover as well as access to Denplan's 24–Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline which provides dental advice and help finding a dentist.
If you choose to select Dental cover through my Aviva flex then you will do so under a salary sacrifice arrangement. This will result in a reduction in your contractual salary of the agreed amount in return for the provision of the agreed benefit by Aviva. Once selected, you will have no right to revisit your choice until:
- the next flex window, or
- you experience a qualifying life event as defined in the my Aviva flex scheme rules.
* Please note that if you select Dental cover, whilst the salary sacrifice reduces the amount paid in tax and NI deducted from you through PAYE, you will be taxed on the benefit in kind via the P11D process and this may reflected in future PAYE coding notices issued by HMRC. Participating in salary sacrifice may also impact your entitlement to certain state benefits.
For general questions about this benefit, you can call the my Aviva flex helpline on 0800 917 2310.
- Download the dental insurance terms and conditions (PDF, 440KB)
What happens next
- Login and select this benefit on the flex system during the enrolment window.
- If you select this benefit you will receive an email at the end of the enrolment period confirming your selection.
- Once you have selected this benefit cover will start from 1st of the following month. In the month after enrolment, an information pack including details on how to make a claim will be sent to your home address.