How my Aviva flex works
my Aviva flex gives you access to a range of competitive benefits which you can tailor to suit your lifestyle. You choose the benefits you would like, and agree to a reduction in your monthly salary, which will give you tax and national insurance savings for some of the benefits.
How it works
- Most my Aviva flex benefit choices are made once a year during the annual enrolment window, which is now open until 26th June 2013. The benefits you select become effective from 1 July for the following 12 months.
- Information on all the benefits available through flex can be found on this site – check out what's available and which benefits you want.
- Login to make your flex benefit selections. Once you have logged in, just follow the links to the my Aviva flex enrolment screens. Here you can find out the cost of the benefits to you, and get an indication of the impact these would have to your gross and net pay.
- Submit your selections when you are happy with them. If you exit without submitting your selections they will be saved for you to come back to later, but they won't be processed until submitted by you.
- If you don't have access to a computer you can make your selections/changes through the helpline by phoning 0800 917 2310. You'll be asked a number of security questions, one of which will be to confirm your National Insurance number.
What if things change?
You can amend your choices for certain benefits when you experience big changes in your life, such as having a child or getting married – these are what we call “Life Events”.
These are flex benefits you can select all year round.
Tax, NI and your payslip
Because they are salary sacrifice arrangements, several of the benefits available through my Aviva flex offer tax and/or NI savings, and others are taxed in a different way. Look here to find out the details.
What happens if I leave?
A summary of how each flex benefit would be impacted if you leave Aviva's employment is attached.
- Download my Aviva flex benefits for leavers (PDF, 49KB)