About two–thirds of people in the UK give to charitable good causes, but not many do this in a tax–efficient way. Through Payroll Giving you can choose to donate to three of your favourite charities and it's the easiest way to make sure the tax you would have paid goes to the charity. Payroll Giving also provides charities with a regular, reliable income and makes your money go further.
Key points to consider
- Click on the button at the top of the page to login and select Payroll Giving at any time.
- At the end of the selection window you will receive an email confirming your selection.
- With Payroll Giving, you donate money to charity in a tax–efficient way directly from your salary – for example, a £10 donation will only cost you £8 if you're a basic rate tax payer, or £6 if you're a higher rate tax payer.
- Is the way you currently donate to charity as tax efficient as Payroll Giving?
- Or would you rather have a My Giving Account so you can make ad hoc donations to a number of charities as and when you like?
Saves on Tax?
Saves on NI?
How it works
- You can select or change the amount you donate or the charity at any time.
- You can give a regular amount each month to up to three different charities.
- If you want to support more charities, or if you want to be more flexible and give different amounts at different times or to different charities you can open a My Giving Account. Your monthly donation goes into your very own charity account and you'll get a charity cheque book. You pay into the account from salary, and then give what you want, to a charity you want, when you want – you can manage this account online too. Find out more about My Giving Account (PDF, 529KB)
- The minimum donation to a specific charity is £1 a month or £10 a month for a My Giving Account.
- Which ever approach you take, you have the choice as to whether your details are passed on to the charity, or whether your donation remains anonymous.
|You donate||It costs you
(for basic rate tax payers)
|It costs you
(for higher rate tax payers)
For general questions about this benefit, you can call the my Aviva flex helpline on 0800 917 2310.
What happens next
- Login and select this benefit on the flex system at anytime.
- If you select this benefit you will receive an email at the end of the enrolment period confirming your selection.
- If you opt for a My Giving Account, in the month after you select the benefit for the first time you'll receive some further information through the post from our Payroll Giving agency, Charities Trust.
- If you select specific charities, the donations will be taken from your salary, and passed to Charities Trust who will in turn pass your donations to your chosen charities.